Earn 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits
View the recorded Weight First: 3 Steps to Successful Obesity Management presentation by Drs. Caroline M. Apovian, Donna H. Ryan and Christopher D. Still at ENDO 2016 and complete the activity to earn AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits.
Continue to the Weight First posttest and evaluation. This activity is accredited through April 2018.
The Endocrine Society has reviewed all disclosures and resolved or managed all identified conflicts of interest, as applicable.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk, Inc.
The following faculty reported relevant financial relationships:
Caroline M. Apovian, MD: Advisory Group Member, Enteromedics, Gelesis, Novo Nordisk, Nutrisystem, Scientific Intake, Zafgen; Advisory Group Member & Investigator, Orexigen; Advisory Group Member & Speaker Bureau Member, Takeda; Consultant, Science Smart LLC; Investigator, Aspire Bariatrics, GI Dynamics, MYOS Corporation
Donna H. Ryan, MD: Consultant, Novo Nordisk, Takeda, Eisai, Pfizer, Jansen, Sanofi Aventis; Equity interest, Scientific Intake, Gila Therapeutic; Speaker, Novo Nordisk, Takeda, Eisai
Christopher D. Still, DO: Speaker, Novo Nordisk and Takeda; Primary Investigator (Research grant), Ethicon-Endosurgery
Endocrine Society staff associated with the development of content for this activity reported no relevant financial relationships.
- Review recent findings about the biologic regulation of eating and weight control
- Discuss the clinical recommendations and benefits of sustained weight loss in overweight and obese patients
- Apply principles of motivational interviewing and shared decision-making to improve the clinical management of obesity and promote behavioral changes
- Understand current guidelines for managing obesity, including the role of pharmacological therapy as an adjunct to lifestyle changes in reducing weight gain and promoting weight loss
- Review reimbursement options for intensive behavioral therapy (IBT) in obesity management
Continue to the Weight First posttest and evaluation.